A Celebration of Alcides Lanza - Society for American Music
We invite you to join us for this FREE concert and panel celebrating the music of composer alcides lanza, taking place during the 43rd Annual Conference of the Society for American Music.
ALCIDES LANZA, McGill University (piano and electronics)
MEG SHEPPARD, (voice)
JONATHAN GOLDMAN, University of Montreal (moderator)
EDUARDO HERRERA, Rutgers University (Introduction)
- Overview of alcides's life and times by Meg Sheppard
- ekphonesis V [1979-I], voice and electronics
- arghanum V [1990-I], piano and electronics
- the freedom of silence [1990-II], voice, piano and electronics
- Q&A moderated by Jonathan Goldman
This event takes place at the "Le Caf Conc" space in the Marriot Chateau Champlain, 1050 de la Gauchetière West.
Open to the general public and free of charge.